The school exists to provide a happy and hard-working environment where all pupils can find the opportunity to develop their talents to the full within a wide and well-balanced curriculum. Each pupil is treated as an individual and encouraged to aim for the highest standards in whatever he/she is doing.
To deliver high-quality, inspirational teaching and learning through a diverse, inclusive, broad and balanced curriculum that promotes high standards for all, within a safe and secure environment.
- To develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours that will allow pupils to fulfil their potential, academically and emotionally.
- To prepare our pupils as they transition within the school, and for the future.
- To develop into well-rounded and happy members of society who value and recognise the uniqueness and achievement of every member of our school family and the wider community.
- To ensure our pupils are positive role models and creative thinkers, who challenge through enquiry, reflection, and innovation.
- Our eight Character Values are at the heart of our school ethos providing a clear framework for the children’s personal development to become well rounded citizens of the future:
We want children to believe in themselves through a positive growth mindset and learn how to get along with others. In short, how we run our school has an impact on the character of our learners. To this end, we have devised key characteristics that we talk about and nudge constantly, and pupils earn character counters for displaying these traits
- COMMON SENSE: You can’t live without it! Making good judgements and decisions.
- HONESTY: Telling the truth, no matter what.
- AMBITION: Having a desire for success in whatever you choose to do.
- RESPECT IS KEY! Caring about others’ feelings and wellbeing as well as your own.
- ADAPTABILITY: Being able to react positively to new things, even if they are unfamiliar or uncomfortable for you
- CREATIVITY: Thinking in a new and unique way; different is cool!
- TEAMWORK: Makes the Dream work! Working together and doing your share whilst keeping your own unique identity.
- ENTHUSIASM!: Showing great interest and excitement, even if it isn’t your favourite idea.
- RESILIENCE: NEVER GIVE UP! Bouncing back positively after challenges and learning from your mistakes with a positive mindset to move forwards.